Motorcycles are designed to meet many tasks, and vary significantly depending on what purpose they are going to serve.
Uses for motorbikes are many:
- In today's busy world of commuting, where traffic jams, road works and general congestion are a daily occurrence, a motorbike seems to be the solution. Economical commuter bikes are the way to go. With built-in storage for luggage, a lightweight frame and economical fuel consumption, town bikes are a perfect solution to urban travel.
- Where speed and a racing appearance are the priorities, then there is no need for luggage space or a large frame. For the sheer thrill, a motorbike that offers manoeuvrability, maximum acceleration and power is imperative.
- Travelling long distances? In this case, comfort takes precedence. Luggage space is needed, and a larger, more comfortable motorbike bike with the option of wrap fairings will enhance the enjoyment level of the trip.
- Some riders prefer a motorbike where style is paramount, outweighing performance, speed and comfort. These bikes are more often than not larger, noisier and full of attitude.
- Motorbikes are not just built for tarred roads. Off-road bikes are designed to handle the sandiest of tracks and bumpy terrains, venturing into exciting rural territory. The delight in the journey far outweighs the importance of speed.
Hand in hand with owning a motorbike are the gear and accessories. It is imperative to wear a good quality helmet regardless of where or when you are riding. Protective clothing is also strongly advisable. Not only will you look stylish, but you'll be safe too.
From heart-racing exhilaration, to long distance touring, riding a motorbike offers a complete sense of freedom.
Posted by Kim Morgan. Posted In : Motorbike Riding